Happy Serve Day Thursday, SHINE girls! Let's serve someone in our path today! Let's how someone Jesus today in our actions, our words, and our love walk!
Are you a little sad to be leaving 1 Corinthians? Me too. I love the way Paul preaches. Direct and to the point. My kinda guy.
Today's post comes from one of our very own SHINE sisters since day one. She is also a huge prayer partner here on SHINE. Many of you know her by "Aunt Teddi.", or "Women who Pray."
Aunt Teddi breaks down our reading today. Be blessed by her wisdom, sweet SHINE girls.
*This post was taken from Teddi's website, www.womenwhopray.net*
Is it time for You to Dwell in your Paneled Houses, and My Temple to Lie in Ruins?
by: Teddi Holt
I’m studying with SHINE girls on the Internet. Such a blessing this has been for me this year. Our goal is to read through the Bible, and we are doing it one chapter of one book at a time…5 days a week…catching up on the weekend if we fall behind.
What a challenge! I love the WORD, and I have read the whole New Testament more than once. It is easier to read than the old, as we do not like to drudge through all the begats…and the repetition of history through the Old Testament.
I completed the whole reading of the Bible…straight through from Genesis to Revelation in a college class…when I was very young…in my 20′s, in fact.
I took on this challenge because a niece of mine plugged me in…and 2 others made me aware of this group who were reading the Bible through.
We began with 1 Samuel…and have moved back and forth from the O.T. to the N.T. We are following the outline of our leader’s church.
We just completed 1 Corinthians…what a great book…actually it is one letter to the church of Corinth from Paul.
Tomorrow and Friday’s reading is Haggai…a very short book…only 2 chapters.
Yeah!! Another book completed of the 66 total. Woo Hoo!!
Well, as you see my title is based on Haggai 1: 4
I want you to turn to your Bible and read Haggai 1…I’m in the NKJV…
After asking the question in the title…Haggai is prophesying…and beginning with verse 5, we find:
Now, therefore, says the LORD of hosts: “Consider your ways!”
6) “You have sown much, and bring in little; You eat, but you do not have enough; Your drink, but you are not filled with drink; And he who earns wages, Earns wages to put into a bag with holes.
7) Thus says the LORD of host: “Consider your ways!”
8) “Go up to the mountains and bring wood and build the temple, that I may take pleasure in it and be glorified,” says the LORD.
9) “You looked for much, but indeed it came to little; and when you brought it home, I blew it away. Why?” says the LORD of hosts, “Because of My house that is in ruins, while every one of you runs to his own house.
10) “Therefore the heavens above withhold the dew, and the earth withholds its fruit.
11) “For I called for a drought on the land and the mountains, on the grain and the new wine and the oil, on whatever the ground brings forth, on men and livestock, and on all the labor of your hands.”
12) Then Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and Joshua the son of Jehoazdak, the high priest, with all the remnant of the people, obeyed the voice of the LORD their God, and the words of Haggai the prophet, as the LORD their God had sent him; and the people feared the presence of the LORD.
13) Then Haggai, the LORD’s messenger, spoke the LORD’s message to the people, saying, ” I am with you, says the LORD.”
14) So the LORD stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel the Son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and the spirit of all the remnant of the people; and they came and worked on the house of the LORD of hosts, their God.
Whooooaaaaa!!!!! I mean what about that?
You mean, our God holds back the rain from His children…His people? He allows us to sow and not reap. To buy food and not have enough. He allows things to happen to us.
YES!!!!!!!! a hundred times YESSS!!!!!
Why? Why would He do this?
Because just like this scripture says, ” we are running to our own house”…we are seeing about ourselves and what is ours…mine…looking after me!!
And, what about the LORD’s House!!!
Now, today we don’t live in community and attend one temple…like this story!
But we are individually and corporately the temple of the Holy Spirit!
Just how are you individually? I mean spiritually? How do you spend your time and your money?
How is your church? Bible Study? Prayer group?
Are there any sick? Are there any needs not met? Are there any needing a glass of water, food, clothing, a place to stay?
I remember when the LORD made me aware of my condition of not tithing. I remember when everything was falling apart and I read this scripture.
I remember telling my husband…we have to start giving…or we will always have holes in our pockets. We were very poor…I mean very!!!!!
We were working soooo hard and it was not going far enough!!! We had 3 children…we had things breaking down…we were fighting all the time…
And, Haggai spoke to me!!!
I heard and received for us!!!
I pray this ministers to you! I was not a tither…I knew to be…taught by parents…I was cheating God!
You know, He just won’t let us cheat! He will withhold blessing from us!!
How? I mean it can be abundantly raining all around the disobedient child of God and we not receive one drip.
So easy, now, that I’m old…
Now, I have walked so long with Him…my JESUS…that when things are not going right…I always make sure that I’ve written my check…or spent my time…
I can’t out give Him!!! Malachi speaks to my heart!
Trust Me! Try Me! Prove Me saith the LORD of Hosts and see!! If a Blessing…unmeasured Blessing…I will not pour out on thee!!
Until the next time…